Railroad Forums 

• American Orient Express through NYS 10/31

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#64683  by videobruce

Didn't see anything on this and it caught me by surprise.
P939 the American Orient Express out of Montreal went through NYS today coming south from Montreal to Rensselaer, then west through Buffalo to Cleveland. Then back east to Washington and south to Savannah.
It had two dome cars which I assume why ti had to go this route.

Question; why couldn't it continue south on the River Line and make it's way to Washington without the Cleveland excursion?

#64688  by DutchRailnut

Riverline is not a passenger route, and train was operated by Amtrak crew and engines. Insurance would not cover the riverline for a move like this.

#64694  by SimTrains

I always wanted to see this. I was under the impression that it only operated out west. Is it currently in Cleveland, and will be passing back throug buffalo? Or, is it alreaddy past us?

#64748  by videobruce

DutchRailnut wrote:Riverline is not a passenger route, and train was operated by Amtrak crew and engines. Insurance would not cover the riverline for a move like this.
Then I suppose the D&H is out of the question................?
You can't go down the Hudson and bypass going into NYC to avoid the clearance restrictions?
It was at Depew as of 930pm last night for water.