Railroad Forums 

• AMDG Railroad Training Courses

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#537385  by 42CsxConductor

:P Got my check today for $100. only $4400 to go. At this rate i'll be fifty when i get the refund in full.

#539052  by cincyrlroader

yeah just got a $100 check last week WTF??????? what will I get next time (and who knows when that will be) $50 this whole situation is a bunch of CRAP, the people who cashed my check and who knows who else's check ought to have everytrhing that they have sold at auction to pay everyone back. Why didn't they issue all the refunds the day they lost the contract with CSX, becuase they are a bunch of thieves and they deserve to pay for stealing and scamming honest hardworking people out of thier hard earlned cash. Do they not feel any remorse or understand what some people had to sacrifice to pay this money for NOTHING!!!!!!! I agree somewhat about its only a matter of time before someone goes off the deep end. You just cannot steal that kind of money without any recourse. Going to court will not get ANY money back if they have already spent it. I am getting upset just thinking about this, i gotta go vent before I blow a gasket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#539357  by turkeyhunter

I havn't seen a dime yet......

#540282  by turkeyhunter

Could any of you that got check, PM a copy of it to RobAtt. You can mark out your name if you want. He just needs the check. He knows a legal counsel that might file a class action for us. We would need at least 10 plantiffs.
 #543388  by chemin-de-fer

I'm not here to defend anyone's actions, and I am not personally involved in any way. Thought that some background might help people feel better about what they're facing. Or not, but I'll give it a go.

In the last couple of years CSX has continued to move craft training to REDI and there was general rumor that trainmen were next. CSX did not inform any of the entities that were training for them that this was going to happen, just suddenly cut them off with no notice or explanation.

The job of training you was not the only thing those companies were doing for CSX. They were also running thousands of dollars worth of advertising, taking applications, and doing all the HR work (background checks, recruiting sessions, qualifications reviews) as well.

When they were suddenly cut off they probably had a lot of money out there getting ready for the next classes (which were not going to happen). Again, much of this is supposition, so it could be something much like that or I could be way wrong.

AMDG may have had a good general public image, but in the industry...meh.

What's interesting to me is this idea of the applicant paying for his own training. No other railroad was doing this that I'm aware of. But CSX management has been in turmoil lately; there was a bloodbath after the Conrail acquisition and recently they brought some NS people in, and NS has a school in McDonough, GA just south of Atlanta, so it looks like they are making CSX into NS when possible.

So new management comes in, they make sweeping changes leaving their former partners hung out to dry, and this is absolutely nothing new. Railroads always screw with their vendors, always change horses in the middle of the stream at the deepest spot, always deal from the bottom.

It's something to think about from the perspective of "are you really sure you want to work for such people?".

Anyway, if you apply and get on now, you'll probably get paid to go through training instead of the other way around. :-D
 #543401  by CSXhopeful

chemin-de-fer wrote:I'm not here to defend anyone's actions, and I am not personally involved in any way. Thought that some background might help people feel better about what they're facing. Or not, but I'll give it a go.

In the last couple of years CSX has continued to move craft training to REDI and there was general rumor that trainmen were next. CSX did not inform any of the entities that were training for them that this was going to happen, just suddenly cut them off with no notice or explanation.

The job of training you was not the only thing those companies were doing for CSX. They were also running thousands of dollars worth of advertising, taking applications, and doing all the HR work (background checks, recruiting sessions, qualifications reviews) as well.

When they were suddenly cut off they probably had a lot of money out there getting ready for the next classes (which were not going to happen). Again, much of this is supposition, so it could be something much like that or I could be way wrong.

AMDG may have had a good general public image, but in the industry...meh.

What's interesting to me is this idea of the applicant paying for his own training. No other railroad was doing this that I'm aware of. But CSX management has been in turmoil lately; there was a bloodbath after the Conrail acquisition and recently they brought some NS people in, and NS has a school in McDonough, GA just south of Atlanta, so it looks like they are making CSX into NS when possible.

So new management comes in, they make sweeping changes leaving their former partners hung out to dry, and this is absolutely nothing new. Railroads always screw with their vendors, always change horses in the middle of the stream at the deepest spot, always deal from the bottom.

It's something to think about from the perspective of "are you really sure you want to work for such people?".

Anyway, if you apply and get on now, you'll probably get paid to go through training instead of the other way around. :-D
with the exception of the NS management statements,which I know nothing about one way or the other..That's about the size of it...
Seems that AMDG used the cash received to "float" the business until the call for the next classes came.Of course the call never came.

I can see where they would be in dire straits,hopefully they can pull through and satisfy everyone..sooner,not later...
 #547218  by raising.kahne09

amdg has screwed me too for the past year and a half. i was invited to a training class in atlanta in feb. 2007 and paid the $4500 for the training and waited until november 2007 with no reply about the training for the job. i called back in november and talked to pam schubert and told her i wanted a refund. amdg sent me a letter to sign which i did and then i waited 8 weeks and got nothing. i called back and talked to lance duncan who whined about some financial hardships amdg was going through and said i would need to sign the payment agreement contract and receive my $4500 back in payments. i signed the letter and sent it back and was suppose to get $500 within 10 days of them receiving the signed agreement, which never happened. i got one payment of $500 in March, nothing in April, and a hand written check for $100 in May. So far this is all I have got. I've called amdg like a thousand times and left countless voicemails but never get a call back from anyone. Lance Duncan can take his financial hardships and stick them........i've got financial hardships of my own and i need that money to pay some bills. this was MY money to pay for MY training which i never got. That $4500 was not for Lance Duncan or Greg Morse to stick in their pocket so I want my money back NOW!!! I'm tired of waiting and i have already talked to a lawyer who has read this website and is sending a letter to amdg to let them know i'm not messing around about this. anyone feel free to reply to this cause i know i'm not the only one that are jerking around.
 #550475  by ralphcorbin

Hi
I too am PISSED about being f_cked over. I paid my 4500 dollars last august and they kept telling me i would be going to a class in Sept or Oct. well those months came and went. They never contacted me I had to try and reach them. Then finally in December Pam Schubert told me CSX cancelled all classes through AMDG. I immediately asked for a refund. They sent me the form and I waited 12 weeks, no response from them. I filed a complaint with the BBB in atlanta they sent my complaint to AMDG and the BBB never got a response. I received a letter the end of March with a payment schedule that they never honored. I have yet to receive a dime from them. I have called and called with no answer or call back.

My brother inlaw lives near atlanta and he went by the AMDG offices and he said that everything was gone and someone who was there said that AMDG was declaring bankruptcy.

I would think either AMDG or CSX would be liable for our money we have paid, since CSX told AMDG that there would be a spot for us when we graduated from conductor school.

my email is [email protected]
 #550831  by Ace356c

As far as bankruptcy goes they have not declared bankruptcy with the secretary of state's office yet. They have vacated their office at 200 Galleria Pkwy and are no longer tenats in that building. CSX is not liable only AMDG, Inc. is. From my uderstandig there was no "contract" with CSX, that gets CSX off the hook. I work in the building next to the 200 building in the Galleria and I live 2.5 miles from there. I have not seen an actual representative for AMDG in over a year. That is all I know. I hope it helps a little.
 #550966  by amdgscreweddowdencl

This pisses me off as well. I payed for my classes back in july of last year. What makes this really suck is that I used a credit union to get a loan to pay for this school and i'm still paying on this loan. I've contacted every freakin body in that company and everyone gave me the run around. I finally found out info by this site and few friends that applied for this school as well that amdg is going out of business. I think AMDG and definitely CSX is at fault. At first is was about getting my 4500 back, but i believe there should be more to accomadate for waiting period. I myself actually received 400 back out of 4500. I want all of it back bitches. If anyone is filing a class action lawsuit count me in. I have emails with Lance Dunkin as well as the so called typed up lawyer paperwork they sent stating the payments would be coming. I also tried getting the Union president involved in the Nashville, TN area, but no help on that because it is not union related. If you ask me we all got screwed. Again, if anyone needs some support feel free to contact me.
 #551108  by ralphcorbin

If AMDG did business with CSX without a contract then I would say that was VERY stupid on their part.
I still feel CSX is responsible too. Since I would have never sent my 4500 dollars to AMDG in the first place had CSX not had a slot for me as my recruiter Glenn Barnes stated to me.

Did AMDG lie about available CSX slots for people who would attend and graduate from their school?

This whole situation is BULLSHIT and I would be more than happy to join anyone who knows a way that we can get our money back.

I don't know about all of you, but the place where I work is packing up shop and moving to Mexico. I sure could use this money. I sent it to them in good faith with the understanding that they would provide a service for me and that I would have a job at the end of the class.

There must be something that can be done.
Feel free to contact me if anyone has any information on this situation or would simply like to vent.
I feel your PAIN.
[email protected]
 #552192  by ralphcorbin

Hey people
here is some info., a friend sent to me that may get the ball rolling for you. This is to file a claim against AMDG, Inc. in small claims court.Go to www.cobbcounty.org click on the government tab, then click on Department and services, then go to magistrate court, and then to small claims.

NOTE: There is a fee for filing this. I figure this will weed out the people who would file bogus claims.
These are costs for different fees. They break the cost down. It cost me $73.50
I think its worth it especially if I can get some or all of my $4500 back.

Good Luck