Railroad Forums 

• Altoona Train ID help???

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #570808  by EMTRailfan

Hi. I went to Altoona last weekend, and got a shot of NS3373 on railpictures.net. I didn't hear what train it was. I was wondering if anyone can help so I can complete the data. It was a 4 unit lash up, and was led by 3373. I don't have what power was in the #2&4 spots, but NS9490 was in #3. It was a westbound, and appeared to be hauling some sort of ash or debris covered by tarps in gons. I was thinking that it may have been the 65J, but am only guessing. Here's the photo: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 300&nseq=0

Thanks in advance!!!
 #573522  by scooter3798

Definetly not the 65J, although the 11K would have been a good guess. Was it a solid train of the gons? If it was just a block of them at the head end I would say that it was the 19G. Every once in a while that train seems to carry a block of about 20 to 30 covered gons on the headend. If it was a solid train though, good luck!

Scooter
 #573955  by EMTRailfan

All solid gons. 35-40 IIRC. An NS conductor friend of mine said that it was definately not the 11K, but it was too late for him to look it up for me when I saw him. Wouldn't you know that that one is only one of a few that I missed.