Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #611298  by lrjanzen13

DOes anyone have a link to track plans for the PRR shops at Altoona? I saw some generic drawings, but they lacked a detailed track plan I am thinking about modeling them in MSTS and would like to have a close to prototype as possible.

Thanks
Lonnie
 #611329  by 2nd trick op

Altoona was a huge facility, and something was almost always in flux, but probably the best source for the steam era would be Derrick Brashear's "Dementia" Wiki:

http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/PRR/PRRDocuments

Have fun!

And if that doesn't do it, we have a "Plan B".
 #611688  by lrjanzen13

Thanks! I got an internal server error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Also. ANY plan will work for me. I need a starting point and can modify it to meet my needs. Plus the steam age plan sounds great since I like the "Golden Age" and am looking at the time frame 1935-1955.
Thanks
Lonnie
 #611729  by 2nd trick op

OK.....go to http://www.prrths.com, then the "National Society" link (under the Keystone)

From there, go to "links" (4th item from the bottom)

On the "links", Mr. Brashear's site is the 4th under "Information Websites" (you might get a referral to the "Dementia Wiki" here, and if you get the "internal server" message, my best advice is to just try again later)

If that doesn't work, your best bet is a hardover book, probably the Barnard, Roberts "Triumph" series, Volumes 1 and 4, but these may be hard to find.

Jerry Britton's "Keystone Crossings" site (also accessible from the "links" page), has a number of interlocking charts, and PRR had at least ten plants within Altoona terminal at its height. Britton's site also has a "PRR-talk" feature where you might be able to find someone with other info --- good luck!