Railroad Forums 

• ALCO RS-3 NH paint scheme question

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #931754  by stefanuccio

Hi I am new to the New Haven railroad and i would like to have some help on the issue of the paint scheme
I am reserching the ALCO RS-3 road switchers of the NYNHH as made by ATLAS HO
This locos have n.537 and 560 they have an orange/black paint scheme with a black logo on the cab sides.I know they were relised in this paint scheme in 1953
Can anyone tell me how long did this locos last in this paint scheme and in the format modeled by Atlas ?
thanks very much for your reply
 #934434  by TCurtin

A black logo on the cab side? There's no known NH RS-3 scheme that had a black logo on the cab side. I looked through the Atlas online catalog and can't find any New Haven HO RS-3 in any scheme, so for the moment i am somewhat stymied. I can help you with just about anything you want to know about NH RS-3 schemes -- what's right and what's wrong. Can you post a picture --- or a pointer to a picture --- of the color scheme you saw?

Tom