Railroad Forums 

• Aflac Duck

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#220491  by BR&P

Anybody see the commercial with the Aflac duck? It's done in the style of the very old westerns, piano music, heroine tied to the rails as a steam engine bears down on her. Duck to the rescue! Cute, corny, neat...the only complaint I have is they didn't show enough of the loco. Anybody know what it was?

#232783  by Phil Hom

Maybe Sierra #3.

#233096  by Aa3rt

I have made it a point to watch this commercial, trying to figure out what the locomotive is. Unfortunately, the shots are too brief to get a good view. I think it is a 2-6-2 but am not even sure of that. However, the silver painted smokebox door with the red star isn't anything I'm familiar with in this country-Im leaning more towards Central or South America.

I, too, would welcome a positive identification of this loco, and am willing to be corrected! :wink:

#235012  by JLJ061

I'm guessing it's not meant to be really anything in particular, as the producers didn't believe anyone would be paying attention to the locomotive anyway!