Railroad Forums 

• ADLAKE NON-SWEATING Lantern

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#183208  by VRELackie

I have one from my father, just wondering if anyone knows anything about them

its got 4 lenses 2 green 2 red and is kerosene...

anyone know if its worth anything?
 #183232  by henry6

Lamp could be marker light for engine or rear of train or switch lamp...any other markings like railroad name or initials?
 #183655  by Ken W2KB

VRELackie wrote:I have one from my father, just wondering if anyone knows anything about them

its got 4 lenses 2 green 2 red and is kerosene...

anyone know if its worth anything?
Sounds like it is a switch lantern. They seem to sell for $75-$100 and up depending on condition and rarity of type and railroad.

#184074  by VRELackie

the only stamping on it is "P&S" it seems to be in near perfect condition and even still lights and burns. My father lit it for halloween every year when i was a kid. Still has a working wick wheel and everything. all the internal parts are still there.

no lenses are cracked (although some of the shrouds around the lenses are a little bent up and have seen better days)

it also has a surprisingly small base for something this large. The base is a little "X" about 4" square

doesnt seem very normal for something that is over 18" tall
 #184235  by henry6

Where are you from or do you live? P&S is probably the railroad for which the lamp was made. Right now I am leaning on Pittsburgh and Shawmutt. But your area might lead to some other road name.
 #184578  by VRELackie

henry6 wrote:Where are you from or do you live? P&S is probably the railroad for which the lamp was made. Right now I am leaning on Pittsburgh and Shawmutt. But your area might lead to some other road name.

right now i live in Northern Virginia ... but the lantern was obtained while my parents still lived in Cleveland Ohio
 #184626  by henry6

HMMMMMMM.....let's see what the other's say. Still could be Pittsburgh and Shawmutt, but certainly might be something else.