Railroad Forums 

• ACS-64 Deliveries and Testing

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1220882  by ACeInTheHole

Oy come on ThirdRail, not to be a prick, but while that was funny the first few times, its kind of getting old. I know exactly what he meant, 25Hz, the proper term for the shot you are describing is a pan shot.
 #1220887  by 25Hz

beanbag wrote:Oy come on ThirdRail, not to be a prick, but while that was funny the first few times, its kind of getting old. I know exactly what he meant, 25Hz, the proper term for the shot you are describing is a pan shot.
No, a speed shot.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oIlTin5W0E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1220888  by 25Hz

morris&essex4ever wrote:Isn't Bristol not even on the Keystone line?
You realize the keystone runs on the NEC between NYP and PHL.......right?

I gotta take a break from this thread, clearly people are having a bad day and i'm bearing the brunt of it.
 #1220893  by ThirdRail7

1000 apologies 25hz. Don't worry, because my attention is completely off of you!

beanbag wrote:Oy come on ThirdRail, not to be a prick, but while that was funny the first few times, its kind of getting old. I know exactly what he meant, 25Hz, the proper term for the shot you are describing is a pan shot.
Rut-roh! Beanbag is trying to boss off!!! Splendid!!!

Um...you see, my crystal ball is broken and I'm all out of mind reading pills so my comment wasn't meant to really be funny. Last I checked, when the ACS-64 is operating in revenue service, it'll stick to 2&3 tracks under normal operation. Track speed for the ACS-64 is the same at Bristol as it is at Hamilton, which is why there is confusion. Even if it runs on the the outside tracks (1&4 respectively) the track speed at Hamilton is a little higher than Bristol.

As for the visual acuity comment, it isn't necessarily meant to be funny. It is a semi-serious comment on my part since I'm confused about the thought process since the speed at Hamilton would be equal or better than at Bristol. However, since 25hz is stepping back and Beanbag wishes to be his white knight, I guess you'll clarify this statement as well:
25Hz wrote:I guess the fact that bristol is elevated and sits between two curves and hamilton is on straight track and not elevated and would both come out with different shots and angles is a concept too far.
AS usual, we'll tap another one of Acelaphillie's videos taken at Hamilton to look in this matter. In his video Amtrak & NJ Transit NEC Action at Hamilton, NJ 2/16/12-New Pans, Hornshow, and More! even the most cursory glance shows that Hamilton sits in the middle of undulating territory. As the first train departs west at the 1:46 mark and the east bound train appears at the 1:50 mark, you can see this warbling HHP-8 ascending the terrain as it heads into Hamilton. I also can clearly see the curve at MP 50 to the East. At the 3:30 mark, you can see train 19 rounding the bend as it heads towards Hamilton. Additionally, I can sort of see the curve west of Ham to the West. That curve is the very reason you can't see Trenton station from Hamilton.

Since I see curves, hills and a rough riding HHP-8, would you honor us with your interpretation of why 25hz thinks Hamilton isn't elevated and doesn't sit between 2 curves Beanbag?

Try to do a better job than the first interpretation Beanbag since it is quite clear you flubbed it:
25Hz wrote:
No, a speed shot.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oIlTin5W0E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a thankless job being a White Knight, isn't it.
 #1220895  by morris&essex4ever

25Hz wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:Isn't Bristol not even on the Keystone line?
You realize the keystone runs on the NEC between NYP and PHL.......right?
You're right, my mistake. Can't you get a "speed shot" at Bristol since as ThirdRail says, the speeds at both areas is pretty much the same?
 #1220911  by Tadman

Mod note: Everybody had better chill out and show a little respect. There's been some honest questions and some honest misunderstandings. Take a deep breath and regain calm. Thread locked for cleanup and cool down period.