Railroad Forums 

• Acela II (Alstom Avelia Liberty): Design, Production, Delivery, Acceptance

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1584970  by STrRedWolf

scratchyX1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:45 am I want to paint it black
Pensyfan19 wrote:Just bring back Penn Central or give the train to Norfolk Southern and they'll paint the whole set black.
MattW wrote:Give it to NS and they'll try to put an SD60E on the front.
Everyone knows that painting anything fully black puts it at risk of attacks by Rolling Stones, resulting in property damage. :-D
west point wrote:Why not just a big "F" on the door(s) ? Just like the 1 and 2 on European trains.
You assume too much of the average intelligence of Americans. Better to say "First class passengers enter the red door at the front of the train" verses having them search for door "F" at location "A" down gate "E" (which would be damn magical if they do find it).

...damn, I'm full on obscure references today. Brownie points to whoever gets them.
 #1584982  by scratchyX1

STrRedWolf wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:55 am
Pensyfan19 wrote:Just bring back Penn Central or give the train to Norfolk Southern and they'll paint the whole set black.
Everyone knows that painting anything fully black puts it at risk of attacks by Rolling Stones, resulting in property damage. :-D
Maybe 40 years ago.
Maybe now they could tie it in with a promotion for the 30th anniversary of the Steel Wheels tour and album.
west point wrote:Why not just a big "F" on the door(s) ? Just like the 1 and 2 on European trains.
You assume too much of the average intelligence of Americans. Better to say "First class passengers enter the red door at the front of the train" verses having them search for door "F" at location "A" down gate "E" (which would be damn magical if they do find it).

...damn, I'm full on obscure references today. Brownie points to whoever gets them.
How about having a hologram of a conductor with a H on its head projected to condescendingly point out this is the first class door
 #1584994  by photobug56

STrRedWolf wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:55 am

I've never heard the door F bit, but Penn has long usd 'gates' and locations, not that I actually understood the latter. Couple years ago, my wife and I took Acela NYP to DC, and with our luggage, we found Red Caps, one of whom took us right to the car - before boarding had been announced. Super smooth.
 #1584998  by electricron

scratchyX1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:58 am How about having a hologram of a conductor with a H on its head projected to condescendingly point out this is the first class door
Doors with large numbers or letters on them, or doors with a different contrasting color, have been used world wide to distinguish between class of seating on trains. If it great enough for the entire world, why is it not great enough for Amtrak?
 #1587603  by Matt Johnson

PHLSpecial wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 pm Where is the South End section on the NEC?
I'm guessing in this case it specifically refers to the Monmouth Junction - Princeton Junction - Hamilton stretch that has the new constant tension catenary. It'll be cool seeing the Acelas blast through there at 150, assuming this change takes effect soon.