Railroad Forums 

• about EMD rail services

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#431093  by hetfieldkaloo

hi everyone,
i am jarrod genzel form univ. of illinois. I am currently pursuing my graduation in electrical engg. and working on a research paper for locomotive maintenance and servicing. i would like to know about Electromotive diesel and its locomotive maintenance overall .... if anyone could give me inputs URLs any information regarding the same it would be very helpful.
i would like to know about few queries like :
1) EMD has a very simple component design which is being encashed by local vendors by supplying spares of their own make... what is EMD doing to stop this.
2) what is the layout design of a standard loco shed and depot and what is the EMD depot layout .....
3) Along with the maitenance what are the services provided by EMD few details if possible
thanks a lot for the patient reading and i would be greatful to get inputs from anyone regarding my queries
jarrod goenzel