• Abandoning the former BR&P through Orchard Park

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

• 365 posts

by MarkT

JoeS wrote:My understanding is that this bridge will be east of the current Rt. 219 bridge. I was wondering if it would be in the immediate vicinity (in view of) of Cascade Viaduct which of course is the railroad bridge over the creek
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the new bridge will be west of the current 219 bridge, because the expressway is west of 219 where it ends in Springville

by JoeS

Thanks for posting the map Les. It answers a lot of other questions I had about the project.

by dt63944

stanggang1892 wrote:i live right in the village of OP, i have quite a few pics of trains on that line, including a video from when i was like 8 years old around like 1993 when i got to take a cab ride from OP to Salamanca, i need to go find that, its away with all my kid stuff
If you or anyone here has any pictures of working trains on this line from the 80s-90s and that Kissing Bridge wreck, I would be very interested in paying for copies of them.
  by tippy1980

Will the cascade viaduct bridge be removed for the 219 project

hi

by thebigham

No, it won't be removed.

It's not near the highway project.
  by tippy1980

for safety reason won't the state sooner or later do a inspection of the bridge and possibly order it torn down.

by nessman

Many RR structures remain safely in place for decades after abandonment. In this case - the BPRR main hasn't been abandoned (in fact abandonment was denied by the STB). The state has no jurisdiction.
  by tippy1980

Again thanks for the reply.maybe the stb has denied the right to abandonment .becuse some ware someone belives this line might possibly one day again be back in service.
  by AbandonedRailroader

I drove over the B&P track on 20A in Orchard Park and seen an empty wood car sitting on the line at 84 Lumber. Anybody know if B&P runs day or night to service 84? I would love to follow them along the line and get some pics and video.
  by tippy1980

Today while eating at subway in the springville walmart . there were some nystate men eating lunch and over herd them talking about the 219 project .one of them said the old railroad bridge has some major problems down below and would need millions to repair or be replaced before ever having services on it again .

by pablo

Tippy, yes. Jesus Christ. We've been saying this to you for ages now. There will be nothing more on that line. I'm not sure what else you need to hear to understand this.

David Becker

by Railroaded

They run an engine or two with the lumber cars about once a month (or so). They usually come during the late morning/early afternoon, and it seems to be a Tuesday thing but not always. It seems like you would have to know someone to find out exactly when they run, since I've only seen them once in 15 years of waiting to take pics of trains on that line. Very tough to predict, very frustrating.

-B in B

by bwparker1

Is 84 Lumber the only B&P customer in Orchard Park, or the only customer on this portion of the ex B&P for the matter between Buff and OP?

Brooks

by TB Diamond

Folks: Can't we make posts and get our point across without using the Lord's name in vain?