Railroad Forums 

• Abandoned RR north of Clarion on Rt66

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1273047  by SST

I am planning a mini road trip along Rt66 out of Kane. While using Google imaging, I see an abandoned RR that crosses over Rt66 several miles north of Clarion. From the looks of the image and the color of the asphalt, I would say rails were pulled up within the past couple of years.

I did a brief search here and looked at open street maps but nothing came up. Just wondering who the RR use to be and any history or links to it.

Thanks.
 #1273103  by SST

Thanks. it didn't dawn on me that it was the Knox and Kane. I rode on that line years ago before the tornado. Flew over it after it too. I always thought it was a mistake not to take advantage of the wrecked bridge. I always thought that "someone" should have built a gondola/tram down to the wreck and have a weaving boardwalk through the twisted steel.

While we are problably forbidden to admit we like trainwrecks, who are the first ones there taking pictures and discussing it. I remember an article about someone down along the wrecked bridge taking pictures less than a day after it happened. Too bad we lost the train ride.

Anyways, what's up with Marrianne, Pa along the line? Google imaging shows a 12 stall semi round house next to a turn table pit. Still there? I'll find out eventually I guess.