Railroad Forums 

• A quick look at New Zealand

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1427840  by David Benton

Turns out I didnt quite miss it. Had to rush up the Coromandel to fix a customers system , large slip on the road on the way back.
The local river is very high, but below the town and my land. It appears this cyclone had very localised heavy rainfall, very high river flow upstream on the river , but the rain gauges in the towns around show little rainfall.
 #1430847  by johnthefireman

Last week I was staying in South Sudan with a nun from New Zealand. She is not a railfan herself, but she knows of my interest, and she took great delight in regaling me with stories of the beauty of New Zealand's railway routes.
 #1430910  by philipmartin

johnthefireman wrote:Last week I was staying in South Sudan with a nun from New Zealand. She is not a railfan herself, but she knows of my interest, and she took great delight in regaling me with stories of the beauty of New Zealand's railway routes.
It sounds like a goodl place to use a tape recorder.