Railroad Forums 

• A new found railway site.

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#42490  by Guest

Good Day:

I thought I would drop in and mention that I found a very nice web site dedicated to railways in Hungary. The author of the site also includes photos from his numerous vacation trips around Eastern Europe and Italy.

THe quality of the photos is fantastic, his composition skills are very nice.
There is a limited English narrative. I am just starting to venture into an interest in European railways and found this site of great value.

www.trains.hu
 #42491  by SnoozerZ49

Sorry, I forgot to log in prior to making the previous post about the Hungarian site.

I am a rgistered member and I have not had any problems associated with visiting this site. It is a non commercial site maintained by a private individual.

Joe

#42556  by David Benton

I was in Hungary i the early nineties , the trains look similiar to today .They were comfortable , clean and quite fast , of quite modern design . Hungary had quite a railway industry .Indeed some of our commuter trains in New Zealand come form Hungary , albeit in a trade deal , which saw them buy the equilvalent amount of new Zealand meat products .