Railroad Forums 

• A Ganson St coffee house. Watch ADM and GM

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1573103  by SST

After photographing the snowplows I continued up Ganson St due to the Ohio St bridge being closed. When I passed this building I thought it was just a business and kept going. But I turned around and saw that it was a coffee house. I didn't take the time to go in but I can imagine the view from inside. It is slightly diagonally across from the Great Northern silos(ADM) and about 1/4 mile from GM. Most rr activities should be viewable. Here is the website: www.wondercoffeehouse.com.

Trackage on the left and GM in the background:
 #1573183  by SST

I go there randomly during the summer via the Buffalo River. Although when it gets busy I don't bother due to congestion. I liked going to Swannie House by boat. But the floating dock was washed away sometime last year and nobody has replaced it. It was at the base of the Michigan St lift bridge. Both places are good to go to when the wind is howling and you can't get beyond the breakwalls.
 #1580891  by videobruce

SST;
Using the abbreviation "GM" would immediately mean General Motors to anyone who is not familiar with Ganson St or even know where it is. :wink:
 #1581084  by DGC-24711

I'm familiar with the subject here but when I read GM, my thought was "ADM/Ganson St...that's the south side of downtown Buffalo, not the Kenmore Yard/Kenmore Ave/Niagara!" Then I got it.
 #1581141  by SST

videobruce wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:50 am SST;
Using the abbreviation "GM" would immediately mean General Motors to anyone who is not familiar with Ganson St or even know where it is. :wink:
I'll remember that for future posts....thanks.
 #1581142  by SST

BTW, I was just reviewing the menu....but from a different frame of mind as compared to when I originally posted this. In the "before time," I would have made time to come back down and have a snack here. But now, after having open heart surgery, I am told to stick to and not exceed a 2000mg/day sodium diet. The menu looks like it'll kill me! haha Still looks delicious though.