Railroad Forums 

• A Call For Photos...

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

#36023  by sullivan1985

I once had a website that was a walking tour from the very beginning of the Carlton Hill Branch (Former Erie Main) and had it stocked with information, history, recent and past/historic photography. I lost the site in a horrible hard drive failure and would like to ask for a favor.

I'm going to rebuild a better abandoned railroad walking tour websites dedicated to the following abandoned railroads and would appreciate if you sent any photos (past & present), stories, information, timetables, etc. You will recive full credit and an e-mail and/or website link for your photography/information.

Online walking tours will be made up of...
1. Erie - Main Line (Carlton Hill Spur - Rutherford Station to Passaic River)
2. Erie - Main Line (Passaic Branch - Passaic to Paterson)
3. Erie - Newark Industrial Spur (Kearny to Clifton)
4. DL&W - Kingsland Branch (Lyndhurst to Harrison)
5. EL/NJT - Boonton Line (Secaucus to Montclaire)

For anybody who could help, that would be more than awesome! I already have a place to host from, I just need to begin building, and your information would only help it grow faster.

#36276  by Tri-State Tom

I recall your pics/site Sully....what a shame....the pics were great !

Good idea....add a request for the ex-Lackawanna Montclair Branch !

Hope folks respond.

#37428  by NJ Vike

Mike,

If you're looking for DL&W Cutoff and Sussex Branch, I can help you here. Just let me know.

Doesn't the hosting company perform daily backups? Also, consider getting a Jazz Drive. I have one that allows me to backup 2GB on a single tape. I purchased this quite sometime ago so they may even be larger and cheaper.

Good luck.

Ken