Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1270267  by Kamen Rider

It's sometime in November. the primary delay has been the issues with the elevators and escalators failing their tests at the factory.
 #1270388  by 4400Washboard

Oh. I was counting on going on the first revenue trip this summer (Why do escalators have to cause such delays??). Thanks for letting me know :-)
 #1270480  by runningwithscalpels

As the great Mitch Hedberg said, an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs ;)

I agree with you there :P
 #1271286  by lirr42

This wasn't good enough for the existing thread on this project (http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... =68&t=6970" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), we needed to create another one?

As was discussed at the MTA Committee Meetings today, the project is 87% complete and they have their "fingers crossed" for a December opening.
 #1273696  by Backshophoss

That article was in today's edition,seems to be a supplier problem,all the various parts are sourced across the globe.
Fair use quote per regs:"In Expansion of the No.7 Line,1 Problem: An Elevator
The fate of the newest addition to the New York City Subway system could be traced last summer to the foothills
in Appiano Gentile at a work site beneath the northern Italian sun."
""It's like if Ferrari would be instructed to put in a Chevy engine and a Ford Transmission" said Charlie Hart the
project manger for Kone,the company overseeing the elevator and escalator installation. "Yes it can be done.
But it's a challenge.""
 #1273729  by Kamen Rider

There was a whole line of V-12 Jaguar XJS that were refitted for the US market with Chevy small block V-8s...

Yes, the XJS has got trouble written all over it and the conversions were not the best, but it was done.
 #1274299  by Greg Moore

runningwithscalpels wrote:As the great Mitch Hedberg said, an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs ;)

I agree with you there :P
Or slip, sending people to the bottom.
 #1296525  by lpetrich

I don't know how seriously one can take this news story.

No. 7 subway line extension to West Side on track to open in February: official - NY Daily News
EXCLUSIVE: The Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the project’s general contractor have signed an agreement that includes up to $4.75 million in incentive payments if the job is completed by Feb. 24, according to a copy of the pact obtained by the Daily News.
 #1315722  by 4400Washboard

By "Job completed by February 24th", does that mean that the station will be physically completed by then and will open to the public shortly after or does it mean that it is finished and opened on February 24th.

Dammit why couldn't it have been a weekend, I wanted to be on the revenue run. Looks like I'll have to wait for the T train/2nd avenue subway :-D
Last edited by Jeff Smith on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed Immediately Preceding Nesting Quote