Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#642725  by Kamen Rider

Mets.com has been using the name "Mets/Willets Point" to describe the subway station. no news on the name of the LIRR stop yet.

The daily news reported that the contract for renovation of the culver viaduct will be awarderd today, and that the G extenstion to church ave will take place this fall.
 #642770  by arrow

I think they should keep it as Shea Stadium as a tribute to all that went in to building the original stadium.
 #642917  by M&Eman

How about just Stadium/Willets Pt. to avoid mentioning Citibank. "Mets" isn't an actual location, and that name will not stick. "Stadium" as a nickname for the station sounds much nicer than "Mets".
 #642961  by Fan Railer

Kamen Rider wrote: The daily news reported that the contract for renovation of the culver viaduct will be awarderd today, and that the G extenstion to church ave will take place this fall.
yeah, great...
retract G service from one end and extend it on the other end, kind of like how a worm moves...
next thing you know G service will be from Coney Island to Hoyt Schermerhorn St. (i know, impossible... just using that as an example of worm movement hypothesis LOL).
 #643718  by diffusedmind

Fan Railer wrote:next thing you know G service will be from Coney Island to Hoyt Schermerhorn St. (i know, impossible... just using that as an example of worm movement hypothesis LOL).
Sure it is. Just needs a crossover at Hoyt-Schermerhorn (if one doesn't exist there already).
Last edited by diffusedmind on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #643851  by mhig9000

Sure it is. Just needs a crossover at Hoyt-Schermerhorn (if one doesn't exist there already).

Not this again...
 #643869  by diffusedmind

mhig9000 wrote:

Not this again...
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. My sin is that I have been reading subchat, which has fried my brain. :(
 #643874  by Kamen Rider

diffusedmind wrote:
Fan Railer wrote: next thing you know G service will be from Coney Island to Hoyt Schermerhorn St. (i know, impossible... just using that as an example of worm movement hypothesis LOL).
watch what buttons you push. you made it look like I said that and not fan railer/
 #643878  by FRIEDCHIKKIN

M&Eman wrote:How about just Stadium/Willets Pt. to avoid mentioning Citibank. "Mets" isn't an actual location, and that name will not stick. "Stadium" as a nickname for the station sounds much nicer than "Mets".
Why not? Beach 98 on the Rockaway A Line is still called Playland [on all the signage]-and it's been closed for decades. Not a bad suggestion-I don't want to see 161st St on the B/D line having a bank's name, either!
 #643890  by diffusedmind

Kamen Rider wrote:
diffusedmind wrote:
Fan Railer wrote: next thing you know G service will be from Coney Island to Hoyt Schermerhorn St. (i know, impossible... just using that as an example of worm movement hypothesis LOL).
watch what buttons you push. you made it look like I said that and not fan railer/
There you go, fixed.