Railroad Forums 

• 4 PV's and SW1500 #20....

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#307603  by Tri-State Tom

....were spotted on the hill as of 7:00 p.m. last night.

Since #20 was on the west end of the consist that I think consisted of 'Birken', 'Morris County', 'Gitchi Gammi Club' and 'Ohio River', I'm guessing this was a late arrival home last night as opposed to a move this morning.

Anyone with more info ?

#307637  by mountie17

I'm pretty sure the Morris County and Birken were in Maine.

#308065  by Tri-State Tom

Mountie -

It twas dark....and pouring rain....was guessing on Morris County and Birken.

Saw Mount Vernon on the hill with GGC last night so it probably was one....

#315736  by jhdeasy

Tri-State Tom wrote:Mountie -

It twas dark....and pouring rain....was guessing on Morris County and Birken.

Saw Mount Vernon on the hill with GGC last night so it probably was one....
MOUNT VERNON was on the way to the MMC for forwarding to Amtrak ... the car operated a charter trip New York - Washington - Chicago - Washington - New York on October 25th - 30th using Amtrak trains 91, 29, 50 and 92.

#326097  by Tri-State Tom

Just caught a fleeting glance but C424 #18 just headed EASTBOUND @ BAKER with 4 of the PV's in tow.

Looked like Morris County(?), Ohio River, one silver sided coach and Gitchi Gammi Club bringing up the markers.
 #326207  by Sandy Burton

The consist was the Birken, Ohio River, Mount Vernon and Kitchi Gammi.

Sandy

#326272  by RS115

It was a busy day on the Whippany line. The 18 & 563 went east to Whippany around 8:30 and came back with the 4 PVs. Apparently they went off to Denville and wyed the whole mess as 18 came east again later with the 4 PVS sans 563 (which had been turned - saw it later at Morristown and long hood now faces east). He returned a short time later with the same four -perhaps re-ordered and #21. This evening 18 and 21 were outside at Morristown.

19 was there recently as well but wasn't visible tonight.
 #326380  by jhdeasy

Sandy Burton wrote:The consist was the Birken, Ohio River, Mount Vernon and Kitchi Gammi.

Sandy

The 4 cars are heading to Washington for a special event this weekend ... they will be back in New York on Sunday night.

MOUNT VERNON and KITCHI GAMMI CLUB will run on the rear of Amtrak 19 from NYP to WAS on Thursday 11/30 ... the 2 cars will return on Amtrak 80 WAS to NYP on Sunday 12/03.

OHIO RIVER and BIRKEN may go south on Amtrak 91 on Thursday 11/30.

#327101  by PVRX1

At lunchtime on the 563 had been wyed. The 18 was juggling cars at Morristown and then headed toward Whippany. The consist at that point included the Adler? Falls, Ohio River, plus two. The 563 was cut off and left at the shop.

#327359  by Tri-State Tom

Duh....just hit me....the annual Army-Navy game ?

Is the game in D.C. this year and not Philly ?

#327390  by pgengler

Tri-State Tom wrote:Is the game in D.C. this year and not Philly ?
From what I've seen, it's in Philly this year, and then back down to DC next year.

#329089  by kilroy

TV said next year's game is in Baltimore.

#330148  by kilroy

The four PV's were in the NJT yard across from Hudson tower yesterday morning but were gone this morning so I guess the M&E picked them up yesterday.

#330161  by blockline4180

kilroy wrote:The four PV's were in the NJT yard across from Hudson tower yesterday morning but were gone this morning so I guess the M&E picked them up yesterday.

The M&E 18 went east out of Morristown today at approx. 1:15 pm with 2 PV cars... He was smoking it up! :-D

#330205  by RS115

18 & 19 had come west from Whippany fairly early in the day 9:00 or thereabouts so they'd gone east before I got to the office at 8:25. They came back bracketing the two cars mentioned above with 19 on the west end and presumably dumped off in Morristown.

19 later came east running light late morning and returned towards Morristown a little after 1:00. Unfortunately I was in a position to only hear them blowing for the crossings not see what they had with them.

Did anyone ride the Santa trains last weekend?