Railroad Forums 

• 26 new engines?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#338736  by NV290

Anyone know anything about this rumour?

I heard awhile back that Guilford was getting 26 used Tunnel Motors from Larrys truck and Electric in Ohio. Then i heard it was not true. Then i heard someone mention that CSX was supposedly bringing them through Worcester int he next week or so. Then i heard that was false. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

#338737  by CN9634

Well we'll find out soon enough wont we :wink:

#338769  by Noel Weaver

I would raise the possibility of a RUMOR for which this particular subject
has been subjected to a number of times. In short, I will believe it when
I either see it or hear it from a far more reliable source.
Noel Weaver

#338792  by Skullitor

I heard a new rumor around East Deerfield Yard. PanAm is getting 26 ex Canadian Pacific EMD SD40-2's rebuilt and painted in new PanAm Railways colors.
Skull

#338847  by MEC407

The original "26 new locos for Pan Am" discussion can be viewed at:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28673