Railroad Forums 

• 2018 Fall Train Show Schedule for Upstate New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1490769  by lvrr325

Binghamton was great, set an all time high sales record. Busy most of the day, died about 1.

Some guys were disappointed but they were either Lionel dealers or the one had art and woodworking items and he's had some of those pieces at that show since they started them.

Hoping for more of the same at Batavia -
 #1490805  by tree68

Fulton show was very slow when I was there today. I was told it was slow on Saturday as well. The weather forecast may not have helped.
 #1490825  by lvrr325

Batavia felt slow, sales were okay but no records. Did the normal 1:00 or so die-out. Tons of deals to be had there and a lot of them went home with the dealers. I didn't catch the attendance.
 #1491711  by lvrr325

It felt like attendance at Hamburg might have been down but I didn't hear them report how many came.

While the weather wasn't too bad either day, both days after about 1:30 it died right out; Sunday the big crowd was a little later and it stayed slightly busier in the afternoon. Sales were up a little from last year but still below average.
 #1492088  by lvrr325

Norwich is Saturday, and the TTCS mini-RIT is in Rochester on Sunday.

My weekend off.

I do have one date I missed, the Broadway Market is having their show on Dec 15-16 right up the road from the Central Terminal in Buffalo.
 #1492716  by lvrr325

Tomorrow is the big day, you have the Great Train Extravaganza in Albany, at the Empire Expo Center, the TTCS Trains In The Tonwandas show, Knights Of Columbus in Lancaster, and a TCA show in Cicero that will probably be a ghost town between lack of dealers and I've seen no promotion beyond flyers - in Buffalo.
 #1493434  by lvrr325

RIT attendance seemed down. Moderate crowd Saturday, very little on Sunday. Granted a lot of people can come through and not really pack the place, but it still seemed less busy than in the past.

About every other year this show stinks to high heaven, and this was an off year, about 40% below average. People were dumping stuff so badly I bought one item for 10% of what a retail dealer was selling it for, and the retail seller was almost 20% off the MSRP on it. The stuff I'll sell later on the internet is what will save me.

It's probably educational that shows that see similar levels of attendance, in Rochester I can't even sell half what I sold in Albany just a week earlier.
 #1494121  by umtrr-author

I was at the Broadway Market on Saturday for other reasons (Polish Christmas cards!) so I stopped at the Train Show. For those of you familiar with how the Market is laid out, it was in the front near the Broadway side, in other words the opposite end of the building from the parking garage entrances.

A few tables, a mix of trains and toys, and prices ranging from reasonable to ridiculous. One operating display. Overall, the Broadway Market was much less busy than my wife (a native of the area) and I expected. I doubt that the vendors who took tables for the show were very happy.