Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Allan

naugatroll wrote:Those people's reactions are just hilarious to watch, and part of why I like going :)
That is partially true. While the reactions of the "younger" people can be hilarious, I have found that some of the reactions of the "older" people (in their 70's and 80's) can be more one of nostalgia. A few times I have seen older women shed some tears when seeing the train as it must be bringing back some memories (fond ones I hope).
  by Crabman1130

mirrodie wrote:IIRC, don't NYers dress up in vintage clothes to ride these trains?

by Head-end View

Good day of riding yesterday, but of course the front of the train was very crowded with all of us jockeying for position while letting the young kids have the RFW spots. But it was a good crowd of enthusiasts as always with lots of fans on the platforms taking photos, etc. And the fans were working too, making the cars much less stuffy than in some other years. It's all good!