Railroad Forums 

• 2015-2016 NYS Train Show Schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1379676  by SST

I haven't been to a train show in quite awhile. But I am looking for something specific. I am looking for a [roughly] 5 inch glass signal lens [green]. Larger is okay too. What's the possibility of finding one at a show?

I should have googled before I posted here but I found an interesting site that sells RR lenses. Still interested in a train show possibility.

http://www.oillampman.com/RRlenses.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1379701  by lvrr325

You'll find it faster on eBay. There are a few guys selling lanterns and other RR hardware, but usually it's complete pieces in nice shape.

Batavia was better than Greenberg for me. Very pleased and unloaded a few boat anchors too. I'm probably done for the season; Greene I'm not sure is big enough that I'd make my costs back and I can't go to Lockport.
 #1380506  by lvrr325

Greene show is this Saturday. If anyone who posts here goes, tell us how it was. I considered going but decided not to gamble on it. They tell me they get 100-150 people; if it was even twice that I'd go, but between that and the minimal advertising and online presence and the location I felt like I might just break even on it.

As a side note, there used to be a show in Oneonta, I went to it once, probably 20 years ago now. Might have been in a church or school, the room had a flat floor but a stage with curtains at one end, possibly on 23 east of town, IIRC they held it plenty early, the last weekend in August. Anyone know whatever happened to that? Was it a TTOS show maybe? There was a TTOS or some club division that folded up quite a few years ago that had a batch of shows around the state, including at least one at the old Logan's Party House in Rochester on Memorial Day weekend - I did that one a couple times as a vendor. We're talking like maybe 1998-2000 here, maybe even before that, although that's more or less when I started selling.
 #1381533  by lvrr325

Almost forgot to post - Lockport show is today and tomorrow 10-4.

No one went to Greene?

No one remembers Oneonta?

Should I even ask for a report from Lockport? I can't go.
 #1382215  by lvrr325

Well, I have no attendance on Lockport, at least not yet, but that's essentially the end of the season until fall, with a few exceptions. I already have some fall dates and will start a new thread sometime late in the summer or early in the fall.