Railroad Forums 

• 2012 CP Holiday Train

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1112242  by hazmatmess

Debating taking my son to see the train Wednesday. As per the CP website, its scheduled to arrive at Steamtown at 545pm. I would like to see the arrival. Was wondering what time is good to arrive at Steamtown. And I'm coming from NYC. I saw the train last year in Binghampton NY so I know its worth the drive.
 #1112583  by tellu_whut

After a quick view on the Canadian Pacific website, I see that the arrival in Scranton is scheduled for noon. The musical performance is scheduled for 5:45. It will most likely head north out of town around 6:45.
My advice is to get to Steamtown as early as you possibly can. The crowds have been very thick for the past few years even though they were in Scranton on Saturdays. Since many people have made it a family tradition, I can see a lot of people leaving work early to get the family there in time. Good luck!
 #1113706  by hazmatmess

Got there around 3:30. Only a hand full of people were there at that time. Crowd started to come in arounf 5:00. Had a great time and my son loved it. Got to go inside 9824. That made his night.