Railroad Forums 

• 2009 Maple Festival Shuttle Trains News

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#654997  by Steve F45

when i went in 2007 i had a blast. Granted it was around the same time, but it was cold!!!! We sat in the metra cars to and from. I didn't think they were that bad, but they weren't exactly the greatest. And yes the engineer then also was great with handling the train.
 #655094  by charlie6017

curious wrote:Can someone PLEASE post an address for the train station in Cortland? I want to take the train from Cortland to Marathon tomorrow (March 29) for the Maple Festival with my daughter and her friend. They're 6. I thought they'd love the train. BUT, there's no address for the train station ANYWHERE on the internetz! Hard to believe, but absolutely true. I have been searching for hours. And believe me, I will let the festival organizers know they are missing out on a HUGE opportunity by not posting directions to the train station(s) on their site. Please HELP! Thank you.
Curious,
While I don't have an address for you, click this link below, and get the phone number toward the bottom for the train station--maybe they can tell you directions. Hope it's not too late.......

Here's the link.......
http://www.maplefest.org/trainschedule.html
 #655850  by lvrr325

It's not like it's hard to find or anything, it's very visible from Route 11 or Route 13 when you cross the tracks and it's easy to follow along next to the tracks to get to it. Or you can use Google's sattelite photos to determine where it is.