Railroad Forums 

• 2007: Atlas announces new HO Alco S4 featuring B&H, M&E

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#408093  by Mike Walsh

Atlas has announced that they will produce Bath and Hammondsport #4 and #5, as well as Morristown & Erie #14.

http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomot ... 07/B&H.gif

http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOLocomot ... 07/M&E.gif
MSRP is $94.95
Last edited by Mike Walsh on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

#408187  by GOLDEN-ARM

At first I thought they made the wrong model, as the M&E had a S-4, not a S-1. Looking at your link, I see it's really the S-4. You titled the post incorrectly. (it says "s4 in the link)

#408272  by Mike Walsh

my bad..... :)

ask me to identify a steam engine, and i can do it.. ask me to identify a dismal, yer on your own. i'm lucky enough to be able to tell an rs-1 from an rs-3... :)

#408425  by Steve Wagner

Among the several other new paint jobs Atlas announced June 7 for its HO S-1, S-2 and S-4 models is Alco's own S-1 #5, in the very handsome dark green paint with yellow nose stripes and silver and red Alco herald that it wore at Thendara, NY, on the Adirondack Scenic in the 1990's, as shown at George Elwood's great website, www.rr-fallenflags.com . I've seen it first hand within the last few years, either at North Creek, NY on the Upper Hudson River Railroad or at Scranton, PA -- in either case, on former Delaware & Hudson trackage. Wasn't this loco Alco's shop switcher in Schenectady for quite a while?

#408691  by Luther Brefo

Mike Walsh wrote:my bad..... :)

ask me to identify a steam engine, and i can do it.. ask me to identify a dismal, yer on your own. i'm lucky enough to be able to tell an rs-1 from an rs-3... :)
By the way, B&H 4 and 5 are both Alco S1 powered by an in-line six cylinder M&S 539 naturally aspirated pumping out 660 HP. :)