Railroad Forums 

• 2 Homeless found dead on the Bay Ridge branch

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1326601  by DogBert

http://nypost.com/2015/04/16/2-found-de ... in-tracks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article is a bit thin but it looks like that train is coming back from bay ridge - one might guess they were found on or near the rails on the return trip to fresh pond (no other reason to stop the train along that stretch of track).

I'll bet a nickel they OD'd.
 #1326687  by Teutobergerwald

Big-time heroin use down there. Used syringes and blackened spoons or aluminum foil used to cook it up all over the place. Live by the syringe or snort, die by the syringe or snort. EFF-them. Society is better off without them.
 #1326973  by jayrmli

True story...

I remember back about 10 years ago the RS-302 was coming back on the branch on a Friday night and a trespasser tried riding on one of the freight cars unbeknownst to the crew. He slipped off, fell under the car, where an arm and a leg were cut off, and he subsequently bled to death and was discovered on Monday when the next train used the branch.

The running joke for awhile amongst the crews was "If you want to hitch a ride on the RS-302, it's going to cost you an arm and a leg." :P
 #1327102  by DogBert

jayrmli wrote:True story...

I remember back about 10 years ago the RS-302 was coming back on the branch on a Friday night and a trespasser tried riding on one of the freight cars unbeknownst to the crew. He slipped off, fell under the car, where an arm and a leg were cut off, and he subsequently bled to death and was discovered on Monday when the next train used the branch.

The running joke for awhile amongst the crews was "If you want to hitch a ride on the RS-302, it's going to cost you an arm and a leg." :P
That's a gem of a story.