Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#361847  by fourthsub

Hi, I'm in the planning stages of an N scale layout based on the 4th sub in 1976. I'm looking for any info on the daily train mix, locals and through from Whitehall to Rouses Point.

Also if anyone can point me in the right direction for a track plan of Whitehall, Port Henry and Rouses Point.

From an operations standpoint, what did they use the reduced Port Henry yard for in 1976?

Thanks for any info,

Jon

#365523  by fourthsub

Also, hoping someone can help me with any online industries along the 4th sub in 1976. I'd like to model a few that the local can switch.

Thanks,

Jon

#494063  by Champlain Division

I have an Excel file of D&H industries (I think done by Dominic Bourgeious) I can send you via email, but I think it is available in the files section of the Yahoo DelawareandHudsonModelers group.

In '76 Port Henry Yard was being used mostly for storage. I remember driving by a year or two later and seeing cars from a wreck there about ten years earlier.

I am also modeling your location and era, but in HO. I've got just about everything you need in one form or another. Just let me know what you need and I'll do my best to accomodate you or steer you in the right direction.