Railroad Forums 

• 1960 mystery steam excursion to Ottawa

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1529592  by lvrr325

Trying to ID some old slides and I probably need to scan them so I can see more details.

Trip seems to have run to the Prince of Wales bridge, or Gatineau River bridge to the north, based on what I see in the pictures compared to Google images. At that time this would have been on CP.

Was pulled by a mid-sized engine, perhaps a Pacific, with a high headlight and a centered round number plate on the front (which matches no CP or CN engine I can find). It has no smoke deflectors and it appears the tender top bunker has sides slightly angled inward; it's solid black. First three cars, a medium green smooth side baggage, a dark green clerestory roof commuter coach, then a stainless car. Unfortunately the head-on shot is from the dark side of the engine and the side shot it's somewhat distant so I can't make out a lot with my slide viewer. If I scan them and turn up the brightness I may be able to tell more.

Any ideas?