Railroad Forums 

• 142 Problems?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#57392  by nick11a

Phase Gap wrote:hey sirsonic you guys are not the only people who know what really happend.
I'm sticking to my boiler theory. :-D But seriously, I have no problem being left in the dark. As long as the train runs this weekend, I'm happy. I'm hoping to catch on its first run tommorow possibly at Fanwood.

#57435  by wolfboy8171981

running thru two stop home signals is a big problem.

#57439  by BigDell

Are we going to have steam this weekend or not?
If yes, terrific - lets enjoy it.
Else, someone tell us whats up.
/* Yes, I am a programmer */

BigDell

#57444  by njt4172

wolfboy8171981 wrote:running thru two stop home signals is a big problem.
Yes it is, and they are very lucky that they didn't hit an oncoming freight or even a passenger train. That would possibly doom the steamer for good and end the runs as we know it. Also Killing innocent people is not a joke either!@ Was anyone held accountable??

#57445  by wolfboy8171981

The train made it to Dunellen, but not with out fireworks along the way.

#57477  by Jtgshu

Discontented _Railfan wrote:There really is nothing worse the a group of wanna-be's and never were's
Interesting quote from someone who's s/n contains the word "railfan" Why not "discontented_railroader"? Then that statement could be at least creditable and respected by at least the railroaders here....no matter how outrageous and stupid it is.....

Anywho...one question for anyone who might know........"ANY MOVE UPS OUT OF THIS????" HAHAHAHAHAHA (just kidding, well not really....)

I have no clue about any of this, but running through two home signals, if that's what happened, really is a problem - one is bad enough, two, well that's really bad........

#57493  by Phase Gap

lets try 3 stop siganls in less then 30 mins......maybe???

#57499  by Uzi-Cat

Come on guys, I ran through a switch last weekend while backing out of Dover yard and nobody wants to talk about that. I will give names, times and all the details. :wink: :wink: AND, you should have seen what JTGSHU did, I'm not tellin about that. :-D

Scott
Disclaimer... For those who may not see the sarcasm in this post, I did not actually run through a switch in Dover. It was Gladstone. Everything about JTGSHU is true though.

#57510  by Jtgshu

wpdj61 wrote:I will give names, times and all the details. :wink: :wink: AND, you should have seen what JTGSHU did, I'm not tellin about that. :-D

Scott
Disclaimer... For those who may not see the sarcasm in this post, I did not actually run through a switch in Dover. It was Gladstone. Everything about JTGSHU is true though.
DAMNIT!!!! I thought I "took care of" all the witnesses!!!!! :-D

#57543  by Sirsonic

rcbsd45 -- I got the information I needed, thank you for your help.

I only posted a request here because I know there are railroaders who read these forums who might know, and did know, something I neded to find out. Because nothing has been proven, I will not discuss this issue, and because this topic has served its purpose, I will ask that the thread be locked or removed.

#57663  by nick11a

wpdj61 wrote:Scott
Scott, you work the Gladstone too huh? And don't worry about the switch thing. It was in Gladstone so no-one cares. :-D

#57665  by Uzi-Cat

Yeah, every now and then I get out to Gladstone. Fortunately, I was on vacation all week so I have no oficial attachment to anything. Unoficially....

scott

#57666  by nick11a

wpdj61 wrote:Yeah, every now and then I get out to Gladstone. Fortunately, I was on vacation all week so I have no oficial attachment to anything. Unoficially....

scott
All right. The Gladstone branch is certainly a lot quieter than the Morristown. And yes, I would consider working on the Gladstone a vacation compared to the Morristown or on the Newark division. :-D

Cow Country Welcomes You.

#57676  by David

It seems to me that Sirsonic received the information he needed. Will leave this thread open for one more day. if anyone has any additional information for Sirsonic and is ON TOPIC please take this opportunity to do so. Thanks

#57931  by TR-00

Scott: JTGSHU did not know that the girl was 14 years old. She told him she was 21. :P