Pan Am Worcester Main Line

Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

rustyrails

Re: Pan Am Worcester Main Line

Post by rustyrails »

There was a lot of activity last night between Greendale and MP7. Restricted travel for some reason. Two light CSX engines on the side track behind Duncan's. I'm not sure whats going on up to MP7, but it was restricted to traffic for a while.

PBMcGinnis

Post by PBMcGinnis »

There was a tree across the tracks in that area after the heavy rain.

rustyrails

Post by rustyrails »

Oh, that would explain that. Thanks for that info

jaymac

Post by jaymac »

Dunno how long it had been there, but at 1150/02-09-2020, Q427 was sitting dark at New Bond with CSXTs 3414, 979, 473, and 3250 plus just enough card wo get to the Mobil station. Musta been a teensy POAY.
"A gray crossover is not company transportation."

rustyrails

Post by rustyrails »

Can anyone fill me in on the CP’s like the Willows and WAL and so-fourth. I hear the train dispatcher talking about them frequently. Any help would be appreciated.

johnpbarlow

Post by johnpbarlow »

Perhaps more info than you requested but Employee timetables are content rich:
http://www.multimodalways.org/docs/rail ... 5-2014.pdf

rustyrails

Post by rustyrails »

Thanks so much JohnP. There is a ton of information. Very interesting stuff. After I read it and absorb it, I’m going to apply for a job at PanAm! 😂 I wish that there was more action on the Worc/Ayer branch.

bostontrainguy

Post by bostontrainguy »

johnpbarlow wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 am
That's really interesting info. Just a question if someone would kindly answer. In yards such as Danville Junction, except for the mains shown (Pan Am & St. Lawrence), do either railroad have access to any of the shown yard tracks (DJ 9, 3 & 5)?

I was a bit surprised by the schematic. It does appear that PAR would still have to travel over a short section of St.L&A trackage to get to the yard tracks. I thought the reconfiguration made it so they wouldn't interfere with each other and both had easier access to the storage tracks.

Post by 690 »

Pan Am owns all the trackage within the Danville Yard, and the SLR mainline up to the Route 202 bridge. But yes, SLR and Pan Am both have access to all yard tracks, and Pan Am can operate over the SLR main without any permission (up to the Route 202 bridge).

Rockingham Racer

Post by Rockingham Racer »

johnpbarlow wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 am
Thanks! Does anyone have the set up for the new trackage on the Western Route between CPF JK and CPF WJ?

johnhenry

Post by johnhenry »

Detoured container train 23K (now listing on CSX as a Z train) passed west thru Clinton at 1235 and, after a re-crew, left Barbers at 1615. NS power 9282, 9258, and 4053. No auto-racks.

rustyrails

Post by rustyrails »

I forget the # but a track car was doing quite a bit of track inspecting from Barber to Burncoat yesterday.

Return to “Pan Am Railways (formerly Guilford Rail System)”