NS H-02 - sightings and reports

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

RS115

Post by RS115 »

While interesting, does anyone know the reason for this swap? Are there clearance issues for the NS unit on the Gladstone?

4223 has been facing the 'wrong' way for awhile I was wondering when they were going to turn it so the cab faced east.

A

nick11a

Post by nick11a »

The GP38-2 rebuilds and GP38-3 rebuilds have clearance issues with the horns being to high to safely fit through Summit. Thus, they need either a non rebuild GP38-2 or get power from the MandE or modify the horn so it fits.
~Nick O.: Moderator: NJT Rail

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!

nick11a

Post by nick11a »

Moderator of the "widely popular" NJT Rail Forum! What once was first is now seventh!

blockline4180

Post by blockline4180 »

Wonderful pictures Nick! Breath in that alco smoke!! :-D
~Steve Pellettiere
Co-Moderator: DL&W/Erie/EL Forum
"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits."

mountie17

Post by mountie17 »

Nick, wheres the portrait? :-D

Here's a couple from my mini point and shoot digital camera:
http://mountie17.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... ?id=520056
http://mountie17.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... ?id=520054
http://mountie17.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... ?id=521682

(4223 being wyed later in the day.)
http://mountie17.rrpicturearchives.net/ ... ?id=521683

BTW Nick, that shot from the parking lot was a nice last minute grab, eh? :wink:

nick11a

Post by nick11a »

Yeah, it was. Nice shots there. The wye shot is particuarly cool. Great lighting.

njtransitrookie

Photos

Post by njtransitrookie »

Nothin like Alco breath

Uzi-Cat
Location: Reporting to the Control Center for Reinstruction as we speak.

Post by Uzi-Cat »

Nick... that avatar.... why?
"All I wanted was a Pepsi!"

gravelyfan

Post by gravelyfan »

heard secondhand that H-02 was parked at Hackettstown overnight headed east.

washingtonsecondary

Post by washingtonsecondary »

gravelyfan wrote:heard secondhand that H-02 was parked at Hackettstown overnight headed east.
H-02 outlawed in Hackettstown yesterday at around 5:30pm. My 17 month old son spotted them as we left his daycare, chanting the whole time 'choo-choo'. So I waited a little while with him at the station. I didn't realize until about 10 minutes later that they had outlawed. Well, when we left, he was quite disappointed. The railfan gene is strong in him indeed!

nick11a

Post by nick11a »

While walking along the banks of the ol' Raritan today, a friendly little bird swooped down and told me that the H-02 should be running to Reheis on Friday probably with an M&E engine.

nick11a

Post by nick11a »

No H-02 today. They must have been cancelled at the last minute.

blockline4180

Post by blockline4180 »

Well....Apparently everyone was a sleep at the wheel today! H0-2 ran west to Washington this morning. My friend and I caught him heading back east with the 3051 long hood forward leading the 5616 with 12-17 cars. He was switching NYK and Nova enroute back to Dover.
~Steve Pellettiere
Co-Moderator: DL&W/Erie/EL Forum
"Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits."

General

Post by General »

Found the 5295 sitting at the crossovers in East Dover today facing east. They will most likely use this unit for the Reheis move tomorrow.

nick11a

Post by nick11a »

No H-02 today to Reheis. Think they were going to Hartz instead. And I heard they might be running to Washington Sunday.

Return to “New Jersey Railfan”