Railroad Forums 

• Partial Bridge Collapse at Little Ferry?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1503277  by pumpers

ccutler wrote:Both bridges are back in service and service appears to be fully restored, as of a few weeks ago I believe.
Happy to hear it. Hope they get a break fora a while from that string of bad luck last year .
I'll assume the traffic patterns of SU 99/100 going from and to MC yard in the Ridgefield Park area are back to normal.
 #1589456  by GOLDEN-ARM

we used passaic jct and ran to croxton when we had problems back in 86-87. we would pull out onto the el/njt and run around the train, or shove out and drag to croxton. if those connections are still intact, you can still make that move. fwiw, we did have a pile driver putting piles in, back in that same timeframe. one of the engineers ran the pile driver (rittenour/writtenour-spelling?) that drove a large number of piles on the east side of the span. the span was immovable when i worked there, as was the conrail bridge. the drawbridge stuff was still there, but the spans were locked/welded in place, and the rails were no longer movable. the "cp-5 crew" should have pics of the work being done. (rcb and cpt sealand, you guys out there?)