Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2011

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#937422  by Mike Stellpflug

Tree blew down across the tracks. Train ran South from Avon to Lakeville on Thur. morning, dropped about a dozen cars in the siding at Papermill Road. Swapped the 425 for the 418 at Lakeville and 420 - 418 went North out of Lakeville with 15 cars.
 #956802  by the1jp

Yesterday, July 31 I saw the 420 & 425 crossing Routes 5&20 in Avon. It looks like they switched Barilla and then headed south. Glad to see 425 back in action.
 #957300  by blabey

As information, the B&H and the WNYP will host a "rare mileage" excursion using Bennett Levin's special train this weekend (Aug. 5-6). The train - consisting of Levin's ex-PRR E-8's and a consist of PV's - originates at Hoboken and will move west over NJT, NYSW and NS to the B&H at Painted Post. It will overnight at Bath, where the 80 or so guests will have dinner at the Great Western winery. The train will set out early on Saturday morning to return to Painted Post for the run to Hornell, Olean and Jamestown. A brief ceremony is planned at the restored Erie passenger depot in Jamestown. The passengers will then travel across the WNYP to Meadville for an overnight stop. On Sunday morning, there will be a rare mileage trip to Franklin on the WNYP Oil City Branch, returning to Meadville for the run over NS west to Youngstown. The aim of the train is to cover as much of the remaining Erie main line as possible ( with a little ex-DL&W thrown in for good measure.
 #960063  by the1jp

Yesterday ,Wednesday, the 428 & 425 handled the regular road freight thru Avon.
428 led going north again.
I wonder about today.
 #972233  by oibu

Just was hoping someone might be able to give a current summary of normal days/times for WNYP ops on the Buffalo line and on the Erie east to Hornell?
 #972394  by K4Pacific

Was in touch with Olean last week about that very thing regarding Olean to Hornell. It's currently on an as needed basis. She said it's been two cars or a few more once a week. No set day. There you have it. On the Buffalo side, someone else will have to chime for the OIBU.
 #972631  by oibu

WOW! I guess traffic east of Olean has taken a big hit lately... maybe I'm out of the loop but last I knew it was several times a week with 10-15 cars being pretty routine- what happened to drop it to 2 or so cars 1X a week?

Thanks K4!
 #975913  by oibu

Is the use of 72 on the daytime Lakevilel Swr a regular occurrence? And sinceI've heard the corn syrup traffic is down or nonexistent right now, is the Lakeville swr. a reliable bet?

Also don't see or hear much about 20, does it ever get out to stretch it's legs?