Railroad Forums 

• Brookhaven

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #938406  by tahawus84

Nice. They have some track laid for maybe 100 feet and a 2nd switch laid. Might get done before calverton lol
 #943025  by rb

It's in Oak Point. Painted black with white lettering.
 #943084  by freightguy

Is HLCX 1017 on of the rebuilt LIRR GP38-2's? In a few photos I saw it has the marker lights cutouts like an LIRR geep. I think when they shipped off the island they were rebuilt into dash 3's.
 #943160  by dedm30junk

LLPX owns all of the LIRR GP-38-2 and they were painted in the amour yellow and gray just like the UP units.
 #943913  by freightguy

Wow nice shots. Impressive looking already with trackage and all crossovers already.
 #944568  by Teutobergerwald

What indications will those signals show? Anyone have a picture of these signals operational? Thanks.
 #945038  by freightguy

I forgot the exact names but 2 indications. The distant signal indicator will show a clear or caution indication. The top one is green clear indicator which means the facing point switches are lined normal for the main. The bottom one means that yellow is lined for the siding and you have to reduce your speed and inspect the switch points. The plate with number and "S" indicates the number of fp switches ie 1S, 2S ,etc. A few years back an eastbound train ran through 2 trailing points switches in that area. The train would have only been able to see the switch targets( in this case red) lined against them. The signal indicator in the Westward direction should of indicated yellow in the picture East of Bellport Ave. That one protects the 3 sidings in the Medford area. All facing point switches while traveling westbound from Yaphank.
 #945115  by Teutobergerwald

Excellent answer regarding the signal indications. Just out of curiosity, what are the three Medford-area switches? Thanks.
 #945130  by tahawus84

Nice response. The three are gershow, parco gas, and medford team track I believe.
 #953309  by peanut1

What exaclty is going on out there? Does anybody know what type of freight will be going in there?
 #953371  by tahawus84

I think they will be mostly receiving cars of stone and other stone products. They also show a track for centerbeams on the track diagram. They will have a few engines to do all the in plant switching. So far looks like hclx 1010 and 1017. Looks like an awesome project and is less than 2 miles from my house :). They have 3 switches installed on the lead off the main now and are moving real quick. I will get some new pics this week
 #954051  by MrGP10

Some questions here,Whats the latest with these engines? How many more will they get? Lastly who is going to maintain them I presume Morris Park shops? I guess ASC is not an issue and I wonder if they will be travel on the main line at all? Any help on this would be great!!