Railroad Forums 

• Music Video Shot on Whippany Line

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#928038  by TSTOM

There was an MTV music video being filmed on Saturday afternoon at the Whippany museum.

The star was a black girl who's name was Shamal or Shandel ( sorry - can't recall now ) who looked quite spiffy in a shiney gold dress. Chatted briefly with Chuck Jensen and his wife who were on site as the production crew was using both Ohio River and Kitchi Gammi Club for several scenes. The crew of about 50 hands, 2-3 equipment trucks and 2 limos arrived around 2 pm and were expected to work to near 11 pm. I left about 6:30 pm as the crew was taking a dinner break.

Anyone else catch this ?
 #928413  by TSTOM

ns -

Gotta be her....but I'm in the wrong age bracket to say for sure !!

Anyway, when she releases this video, we'll clearly see Ohio River and Kitchi Gammi Club as props.
 #929530  by ns3010

I'm not sure, but, being in the right "age bracket," that's my best guess.

I don't know much about her, but I'll keep an eye out!
 #938179  by therudycometh

Here's the final product of the music video that was shot on the M&E last month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnpKvK2n52s
 #938279  by Jtgshu

Wow, thats a cool video, and shows some great shots of the abandoned/unrestored upper ferry concourse in Hoboken Terminal
 #938478  by umtrr-author

Thanks for sharing. I've been to every one of those locations at one time or another, including the ferry concourse many moons ago when my distant cousin worked for Conrail. The main waiting room still looks terrific. I was just a little one for my first trip to the Morris County Central.

Looks like at least one video director is a railfan! Pretty good song too...
 #979441  by R36 Combine Coach

Jtgshu wrote:Wow, thats a cool video, and shows some great shots of the abandoned/unrestored upper ferry concourse in Hoboken Terminal
Same shots as in Eric Clapton's "Change The World".