Railroad Forums 

• *** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#889483  by Cosmo

daylight4449 wrote:
Cosmo wrote:Nice idea, the camera,...
I could probably put my Fuji Digital-SLR on a flatcar. ;)
dude, did you clone my new camera, or is it like the most popular railfan-used camera?
$300.00 at the NEX in Groton,...
but that was at least 3 years ago. ;)
 #901105  by trainguy2024

Thanks, Just to give a quick history of this module, I built it late summer 2010 and it saw it's first show at the Cheshire train show. I went to the Housatonic Railroad in Canaan CT and took about 100 pics of the engine house, fuel pad and various items on the property. I took these pics with permission of course and then went to work on the detail. I decided to paint the entire fleet of locomotives that they have and brought back some that left like the 1802. I also custom painted the 4 ballast hoppers and the side dump car that the Housatonic owns. All locomotives in the pics were custom painted except 3602, 7324, and the caboose. I even decided to custom paint the HELM unit and the high hood GP38s (ex NS units) that are up there. The fuel pad was totally scratch built from pictures. The only thing that was not scratch built was the battery box, wooden pallet and of course the HO scale people. The trees on the module are actually plants that I dried and weathered to match the scenery picture glued to the back drop. The most recent pics were taken at the BIG E Train Show this year. The next show for this module will be April 3rd at Sheehan High School in Wallingford CT.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trainguy2024/5431996649/
 #901165  by daylight4449

trainguy2024 wrote:Thanks, Just to give a quick history of this module, I built it late summer 2010 and it saw it's first show at the Cheshire train show. I went to the Housatonic Railroad in Canaan CT and took about 100 pics of the engine house, fuel pad and various items on the property. I took these pics with permission of course and then went to work on the detail. I decided to paint the entire fleet of locomotives that they have and brought back some that left like the 1802. I also custom painted the 4 ballast hoppers and the side dump car that the Housatonic owns. All locomotives in the pics were custom painted except 3602, 7324, and the caboose. I even decided to custom paint the HELM unit and the high hood GP38s (ex NS units) that are up there. The fuel pad was totally scratch built from pictures. The only thing that was not scratch built was the battery box, wooden pallet and of course the HO scale people. The trees on the module are actually plants that I dried and weathered to match the scenery picture glued to the back drop. The most recent pics were taken at the BIG E Train Show this year. The next show for this module will be April 3rd at Sheehan High School in Wallingford CT.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trainguy2024/5431996649/
and i missed that? crap... were you at mallary? that place was way bigger than a few years ago, and i think i only got through half of it
 #902689  by zablocki22

Did some railfanning on the HJ&J RR Sunday. Saw this CSX local led by GP38-2 #2804 coming into JW Yard off of the branch. I saw that the signal at Hayley Tower was lit for a westbound.

Sure enough, a couple of minutes later, a commuter train led by New Haven (CDOT) #228 was headed down the main toward Hayley Tower.

And there's the 228 knocking the green down. Then it was time to go home and work on some model trains.

Enjoy and Happy Model Railroading and Railfanning!

Vincent Zablocki