Railroad Forums 

• *** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#886972  by 3rdrail

With a hard working construction crew in the foreground ripping up an old Readville Yard ancient bumper on the Dedham Line, a New Haven three-train RDC consist picks up it's passengers for the early morning run to Franklin. In the rear are various engines about to be worked inside the Readville Shops. (The EP-5 Rectifier on Track 1 is a hallucination.)
Attachments:
(842.51 KiB) Downloaded 2798 times
 #888924  by daylight4449

sullivan1985 wrote:Do videos count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2bs8kDTJi0

This is the birth of my Modern Erie Lackawanna.
seeing that i can't see the video from school, can i assume that there are SD70s in El paint?
and just to be inquisitive, could i take a pic of my DPLS class mike with the coach i have painted, and pose it next to the station i'm working on? i'm going to work on the station walls today, as well as painting my alco PA-1 in skemil colors
 #888993  by sullivan1985

daylight4449 wrote:seeing that i can't see the video from school, can i assume that there are SD70s in El paint?
and just to be inquisitive, could i take a pic of my DPLS class mike with the coach i have painted, and pose it next to the station i'm working on? i'm going to work on the station walls today, as well as painting my alco PA-1 in skemil colors
No 70MAC's yet. As of now, a pair of 80MAC's and a lone C44-9W.
 #889104  by 3rdrail

Was that Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine riding in that boxcar that I saw ? Nice work, Cosmo. I was imagining the wheel squeel going through that tight curve to the bridge. Does that rack stay outdoors during the winter ? Can you operate in snow ? How do you clear the rails if the answer is yes ?
 #889131  by daylight4449

sullivan1985 wrote:
daylight4449 wrote:seeing that i can't see the video from school, can i assume that there are SD70s in El paint?
No 70MAC's yet. As of now, a pair of 80MAC's and a lone C44-9W.
just saw the video. love the racoon mask on the windshield
 #889177  by Cosmo

3rdrail wrote:Was that Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine riding in that boxcar that I saw ? Nice work, Cosmo. I was imagining the wheel squeel going through that tight curve to the bridge. Does that rack stay outdoors during the winter ? Can you operate in snow ? How do you clear the rails if the answer is yes ?
Yes, they were all there, in 1/29th,... Keith Carridine too!
What you saw, (minus the trains themselves,) stays out year round. I have a snow plow kit on order, too late for tomorow's storm, unfortunately. I hope to someday add a live steam plow-train video to this collection.
Thanks, and I'm glad you liked it! :D
 #889284  by 3rdrail

That sounds really exciting. I'm happy with my indoor set-up now, but if I had it to do all over again, I'd look at that set-up that you have. The snow clearing sounds like a blast. I'd build a couple of snow sheds and power a rotary and blade plow end to end in the middle of the night. Follow it with a 1800's passenger consist getting through for Christmas ! Be sure to have a guy on a flat car with a shotgun to blast away the icicles in the snow shed ! Man o' man - what videos you could get with one of those train carried cameras !
 #889301  by 3rdrail

They carry miniature ones now that you mount right in one of the cars. It directly sends the video to a TV set. You can record it or do anything you want with it. I understand that they have come down in price considerably. Most of the larger shows have a demonstration. If you're going to West Springfield in three weeks, they'll have one on display. I didn't think that I would like it too much when I first heard about it, but when I saw it in action, I realized that it gives an entirely different perspective to viewing your trains. It's more like being on board than watching a layout. It's also good for troubleshooting.