Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#831412  by M&Eman

According to an ESPN article, Thierry Henry took the PATH from Manhattan to Harrison for his debut with the New York Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham Hotspur. Can anyone confirm this as true? If true, I wonder how he took to the crowdedness of a weekday afternoon/evening PATH train and if anyone recognized him.
 #832030  by nyrmetros

100% true. Don't know if that will continue with the publicity it received. PATH was a holy mess after the game on Thursday night. Took 1 hour to get on the PATH at Harrison and then that train dided at Journal Square and then it tokk 30 minutes to get a 33rd street train. Didn't get to Manhattan till 12:17 am and I missed my LIRR and had to wait at Penn till 1:18 am. :(
 #832398  by blasito

From Capital - a news blog about how NY works:

Thierry Henry Rides PATH

"It was the quickest way to come to the game," Henry said in a press conference following what turned out to be 2-1 exhibition-tournament loss to Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal’s detested London rival. "I was on the train with my friends, with all the fans. It was quite an experience. It was the quickest way to come, so that's how I came. It was cool."

There you have it folks, world soccer legend Theirry Henry thinks our PATH is cool!!!!!!!
 #834537  by nyrmetros

Except so many people who went to the Tottenham and Man City games said they wouldn't come back because it took abn hour to wait for PATH after the game.
 #834929  by Between3and20

nyrmetros wrote:Except so many people who went to the Tottenham and Man City games said they wouldn't come back because it took abn hour to wait for PATH after the game.
Yeah. Nobody takes PATH anymore because it's too crowded. :-D
 #836328  by nyrmetros

Not quite saying that, but a lot of people were turned off from coming back because they waited an hour in line for the Harrison Path. Of course an 8 minute walk to Newark Penn solves the problem, but these people are not venturing in to Newark for a second...........
 #836512  by Between3and20

nyrmetros wrote:Not quite saying that, but a lot of people were turned off from coming back because they waited an hour in line for the Harrison Path. Of course an 8 minute walk to Newark Penn solves the problem, but these people are not venturing in to Newark for a second...........
FWIW, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the IronBound section, where the bridge takes you. If people would rather wait than take that course, it's their own decision.

Really, that stadium should have never opened with the given dearth of infrastructure (roads in particular). It was poor planning from the outset. No ... make that LACK OF planning. Can't blame PATH for that.
 #837613  by nyrmetros

I agree that there is nothign wrong with the Ironbound area. I go to a placed called El Pastor all the time. Great food and cheap booze.
 #837831  by Between3and20

nyrmetros wrote:I agree that there is nothign wrong with the Ironbound area. I go to a placed called El Pastor all the time. Great food and cheap booze.
More of an mmmBello's kinda guy myself ... maybe a bit TOO often. :-D
 #839166  by nyrmetros

Between3and20 wrote:
nyrmetros wrote:I agree that there is nothign wrong with the Ironbound area. I go to a placed called El Pastor all the time. Great food and cheap booze.
More of an mmmBello's kinda guy myself ... maybe a bit TOO often. :-D
Bellos is a good place as well.
 #844462  by nyrmetros

M&Eman wrote:According to an ESPN article, Thierry Henry took the PATH from Manhattan to Harrison for his debut with the New York Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham Hotspur. Can anyone confirm this as true? If true, I wonder how he took to the crowdedness of a weekday afternoon/evening PATH train and if anyone recognized him.
After the San Jose game. Both Henry and Marquez and a few other players were taking PATH back to the city.

#847287  by blasito

Thanks for the photo nymetros!

I've been enjoying the PATH to the Arena, but have been rushing at the last minute to get to the games after work. I will try to ride it earlier next weekend and hope to ride with our stars.