Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#826802  by simmons

I am a new member and think this site is great. Though no longer used, I recall the subway Conductor Uniform circular sleeve patch marked "t.a." worn in the late 1960's. There was another rocker/cresent shaped patch in the same colors, sewn just above the "t.a." patch that is the focus of my question. What did the lettering say (e.g. Conductor, Instructor?) and where could one locate an old one to purchase. Thanks.
 #831736  by Otto Vondrak

simmons wrote:I am a new member and think this site is great. Though no longer used, I recall the subway Conductor Uniform circular sleeve patch marked "t.a." worn in the late 1960's. There was another rocker/cresent shaped patch in the same colors, sewn just above the "t.a." patch that is the focus of my question. What did the lettering say (e.g. Conductor, Instructor?) and where could one locate an old one to purchase. Thanks.
eBay has everything! Also, sometimes this stuff turns up at the Transit Museum gift shop... obsolete badges, too.