Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#817614  by R36 Preservation Inc

We are a nonprofit (intending to be 501(c)3) organization planning to preserve and restore R36 pair set 9400-01, currently at Corona Yard in Flushing on the #7. These two cars are the last "redbirds" in more or less original condition with the "SMEE" braking, rheostats, doors, Westinghouse electrical and other components in place. It would be helpful for use to see if we can get any MTA contacts and other technical assistance.

Thanks,
R36 Preservation, Inc.
 #817642  by Kamen Rider

9400-01 is most likly going to the Transit Museum fleet if and when C div is done with it.
 #818118  by Mr rt

Mainly because of the "A" word NYC Transit is opposed to letting any of these cars go anywhere but under water.
There is a R-17 at Branford, CT; a R-16 at Kingston, NY; a pair of Red Birds at Seashore, ME, and a pair of AFC Red Birds at IRM (Ill). All are long established museums who had to submit lots & lots of paperwork.

Transit Museum ... they already have the "train of many colors".
 #818426  by Terrapin Station

Mr rt wrote:Mainly because of the "A" word NYC Transit is opposed to letting any of these cars go anywhere but under water.
There is a R-17 at Branford, CT; a R-16 at Kingston, NY; a pair of Red Birds at Seashore, ME, and a pair of AFC Red Birds at IRM (Ill). All are long established museums who had to submit lots & lots of paperwork.

Transit Museum ... they already have the "train of many colors".
No that's not true. They plan on allowing them to go somewhere other than under water. They will NOT however be going to the so called "R36 Preservation, Inc.". I call shens.