Railroad Forums 

• Passenger cars in Olean?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#762932  by nydepot

I did a quick search on rr.net and didn't see anything. Who are the line of passenger cars for in Olean Yard? The movie? Thanks.

Charles
 #763186  by pablo

I didn't see them before, but I wonder if it's the same group of cars purchased last year from a location near Meadville. I know they were in Olean at some point last year, but I don't know if they ever left. There were quite a few yellow (UP Armor yellow?) cars in that group.

Dave Becker
 #763345  by kf7strng

Those are the same group that I photographed on 2/13/09 in Olean. I wonder why they are still there, Or.. Have they left, and returned again?
 #763677  by Lehighton_Man

At first glance, they looked like former Long Island P72's... But my eyes decieved me. Standard Budd cars... Where they came from, and what they're for, Is beyond me.
 #767875  by cdw

The coaches are former UP built by Pullman, they have aluminum skin. The Alaska RR ran some of these several years ago.

Dick Welles