Railroad Forums 

• NS Dispatching

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #752203  by mkerfe

If I remember correctly NS is the one major railroad that never centralized its dispatching. Is this correct and if so where are all the dispatching centers located. It looks like there is one in Harrisburg, PA but where else. Thanks!!
 #752208  by train2

NS has them in the division headquarter's city for each division.

Roanoke, VA, Greenville, SC, Atlanta, Knoxville (not sure if this one is still in action, but I think so), Harrisburg, Bluefield WV and one in Pittsburgh.

I am less certain on the other midwest DS offices. One should be in Detroit.

I hope others can fill in the rest.

One question I have is how may desks are in Harrisburg and what are the limits of their territory?
 #811563  by cbehr91

The Dearborn, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg Divisions I believe all still use the former Conrail dispatching centers in Dearborn, MI, Green Tree, PA and Mt. Laurel, NJ. The Lake Division I believe is dispatched from Ft. Wayne, IN and I would have to guess that the Illinois Division is dispatched from Decatur, IL.
 #811564  by cbehr91

iceman977th wrote:Kenova, or are they a branch-off of Bluefield dispatching?
The Kenova District should be controlled from Bluefield (still the Pocahontas Division).
 #811568  by cbehr91

mkerfe wrote:If I remember correctly NS is the one major railroad that never centralized its dispatching. Is this correct and if so where are all the dispatching centers located. It looks like there is one in Harrisburg, PA but where else. Thanks!!
Conrail didn't centralize their dispatchers either (Dearborn, MI [Dearborn], Indianapolis, IN [Indianapolis], Selkirik, NY [Albany], Green Tree, PA [Pittsburgh], Mt. Laurel, NJ [Harrisburg]). And actually when it was split, CSX never centralized the Selkirk and Indianapolis dispatching centers to Jacksonville (obviously now that has changed).
 #812380  by hbgdispatcher

cbehr91 wrote:The Dearborn, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg Divisions I believe all still use the former Conrail dispatching centers in Dearborn, MI, Green Tree, PA and Mt. Laurel, NJ. The Lake Division I believe is dispatched from Ft. Wayne, IN and I would have to guess that the Illinois Division is dispatched from Decatur, IL.
The Harrisburg Division office is in Harrisburg Pa. The Conrail Shared Assets dispatch office is the old Conrail office in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
 #817793  by leosv

ashley2771 wrote:Isn't there a dispatcher in Savannah, GA?
No, Savannah district is dispatched from Atlanta, in Colony Square.