Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2009

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#730804  by Mike Stellpflug

With the train back together, they head out.

They added some hoppers to the rear of the train, and headed North with 31 cars.
 #732516  by NS59

DFT-30 departed South out of Olean this AM around 0800 with the 630/637/631/43. They did not work enroute to or from Driftwood. 43 cars were picked up at the interchange at Driftwood and the train arrived back in Olean around 1600.

Heads up.... There was radio chatter that implied a DFT-31 would operate on Sat.
 #732518  by NS59

As info, the 1st train in roughly a month headed North out of Olean,NY on 10/27 around 0930 and arrived back in Olean around 12:18 PM. It had the 637 on one end and the 430 on the other.
Last edited by NS59 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #732748  by Smtimko

The movements North of Olean are a result of WNYP purchasing ballast for the maintenance program from on-line producer Mapes-Machias Aggregates of Machias. Prior to acquiring this line, WNYP had to obtain ballast from a quarry on the BPRR, resulting in additional charges for movement from an off-line supplier.

SMT
 #737929  by railwatcher

Mike and gang,

I caught up to the southbound move on Thursday with the same surprise. #425 leading #420 and #418 and a fairly large consist coming into Avon.

Saturday before 8:30am I saw #425 running solo and light into Avon. Probably going to switch out Barilla. The leaves are gone so my back porch viewing of the main line is good again.
 #738425  by the1jp

These days it can be a little tricky.
They actually switched Howletts but I don't think they did Barilla. No cars were moved there. The full grain cars from Howletts were put in the North end of the East siding and then I don't know what happened.
Some weekends both or either industry can be switched. You just have to keep your eyes open.
Jeff