Railroad Forums 

• Current Motive Power

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#734962  by RAHWAY VALLEY

RS115 wrote:Had a chance to go by Morristown today. 18 and 4216 were in front to the house with 19 inside. Out on the Track 4/5 lead were the two SW-1s which have been stored elsewhere for some time and the 563. Ohio River was alongside the house on Track 3 being worked on though I couldn't tell what. Also in the shop area is a camo painted boxcar - couldn't see any lettering. I had seen this car a couple of weeks ago. It was parked for several days on the High Bridge line main in Kenvil between the transload area and Route 46 - ownership and purpose known to anyone here?

The Camo boxcar is M&E 1775. It will be lettered to commerate the founding of the US Marines in the year 1775. Look for the boxcar on the December 12/13 Toys-for-Tots trains. :-D
 #742093  by ns3010

4240 rolled through Dover yesterday evening, multiple light with the 18 (18 was the first of the two). 18 was definately running, but don't know about 4240. I know it never ran and was stored for eternities, but I have no clue why it was out.
 #742185  by RS115

Didn't think there was much left os 4240 - I wonder if this trip is to pull the last good stuff off and scrap the rest? It's been up in Lake Junction for several years now.
 #742792  by ns3010

Thanks. The same thing was suggested in the Railfanning thread, so I guess you're right.
 #1197900  by MEC407

Does anyone have a current roster of all locomotives owner by Morristown & Erie and its subsidiaries (Maine Eastern, RRPX, any others I'm unaware of)?

I've been trying to access the RRPX web site this afternoon but can't get it to load.
 #1200200  by therudycometh

MEC407 wrote:Does anyone have a current roster of all locomotives owner by Morristown & Erie and its subsidiaries (Maine Eastern, RRPX, any others I'm unaware of)?

I've been trying to access the RRPX web site this afternoon but can't get it to load.
The roster on my website is current up to pretty much the minute, as I update it as soon as anything changes: http://www.rudystrains.com/morristown-erie-railway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1200210  by MEC407

Thanks!