Railroad Forums 

• Union Pacific UP PTC Positive Train Control

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#416498  by UPRR engineer

Slchub wrote:UPRR Engineer, I suppose you still get a level 2 out of the deal if you catch a coupler on one of these bad boys?
You mean an ACT 2 buddy? Never heard of anyone around here getting in trouble for parting their train.

As for those big DP manifest trains, there a sweet ride. Only ran one so far, (3X3X2) never did feel any slack.

#416502  by LCJ

UPRR engineer wrote:As for those big DP manifest trains, there a sweet ride. Only ran one so far, (3X3X2) never did feel any slack.
That's 'cause you're a professional...
 #691944  by frank75014

Hello all,

I'm a student in Railways Transportation Systems in Paris and I'm interested in PTC systems installed on the Class 1 RRs: anyone knows whether UP has already some PTC system running? Or future projects?

Thanks guys!

Frank
 #1514970  by Jeff Smith

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ ... ess--58165
Union Pacific Railroad yesterday announced that it has implemented positive train control (PTC) on 1,081 route miles in the second quarter, bringing its PTC-operated route miles to 14,678, or 86 percent.

UP now is running PTC operations in 22 states, and is working with freight and passenger railroads to implement PTC on its remaining 2,384 route miles by 2020, UP officials said in a press release.