Railroad Forums 

• Flooding on Reading Line?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #675293  by CR-SD50

I was in the Macungie, PA area over Memorial Day weekend. This is far from my home and the first time I tried railfanning there. Saturday night we had some thunderstorms with heavy rain. Over the scanner I heard a train talking with the dispatcher. Sounded like he mentioned flooding, and was told to proceed at restricted speed. Also, the detector at MP 18.8 reported that it was inoperative.

The rest of the weekend, we didn't see any trains through this area, but did hear a track crew working in Alburtis.

Did anyone else hear anything about this? We were a bit bummed that we didn't see any trains here, but also curious as to whether it was due to track damage, a holiday shutdown, or both.
 #675297  by gp80mac

NS shut down most yard and non-intermodal operations over the weekend. Wasn't a complete shutdown, (I had to work) but it was awful quiet.