Railroad Forums 

• Highland Rail Services - North Haven

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#631289  by NYC27

What ever happened to that switching outfit Highland Rail Services that was starting up in North Haven off of the Amtrak line? Did they die on the vine? I remember seeing pictures of a little critter in an orangey/yellow paint. Anyone know??
 #631458  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

We're still here, but I prefer not to discuss the goings on on the internet. Stay tuned, these things take time, A LOT more than expected. Still pecking away at its just taking longer than anticipated. Prospects come and go and have came and went for various reasons. As always remember everything is private property contact me if you should wish to view any of the equipment and we will gladly accomodate.
 #1505493  by Mass Coastal 2010

I know this was last posted in a decade ago but its the most recent topic I could find....

So I noticed that an old 40 foot boxcar "appeared" on Highland's track in North Haven in 2012/3 (Nerail link: http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=243854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). What's the story on this car? Is it a former New Haven boxcar?

Mike
 #1505500  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

It is NH 32349. Never saw ownership by a Railroad beyond the NH. It was in NH paint until some point in the 90’s when it also received roller bearings. It is safe and has some positive plans in its future. An appropriate paint job being one of them but some significant steel work is required where it suffered some blemishes in its past life.
 #1505501  by Mass Coastal 2010

Thanks for the fast reply and information! I'm currently putting together a list of surviving New Haven equipment (15 pages now!) and this is some exciting news to find another car out there. If possible please send an email to [email protected] when work starts.

Thanks again
-Mike St. Louis
 #1505502  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

Will do. If you see any cars with similar style doors we’ve been looking for replacements for a while. Lost out on salvaging at least 4 sets due to being late to the party so to speak. The side in that photo may be salvageable, but the opposite side is not. Worst case might have to have some fabricated.