Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#605452  by DutchRailnut

As noted before:
These units (776-777) are not MNCR, their painted wrong, they are the two staten island transit units
 #605924  by Terrapin Station

DutchRailnut wrote:As noted before:
These units (776-777) are not MNCR, their painted wrong, they are the two staten island transit units
Where was it noted before? All I see is this:
Word has it that the 776 is not a Metro-North unit at all
And that hardly sounded definitive.
 #606107  by DutchRailnut

FL9AC wrote:Word has it that the 776 is not a Metro-North unit at all, but rather one of the new units for the Staten Island Railroad. Unit is labeled for Metro-North but that looks to be a mistake. As of now Metro-North hasn't purchased the BL20G unit. This also means that the 6 GP35R's, the GP8, the GP9, and the NYCTA 064 will be with us for a while longer :wink: .

TP may I recommend :
http://www.lenscrafters.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _Home_Page
 #627620  by L'mont

Source 1 wrote:Threr is no brookville locomotives certified as passenger locomotives they wont pass 49CFR 238.227 suspension tests.
If what you are trying to say is, "There are no Brookville locomotives certified for passenger use...", I would say you can't possibly be correct. Rumor has it they've been pulling MNRR Branch line trains for many weeks.
 #627660  by FL9AC

"source 1" started ranting and raving about something he knows nothing about and seems to have disappeared off the forums to the relief of many of the members here. There are no rumors about it L'mont, the BL20GH's (nothing to do with this topic so I'l make it quick) have been running reliably and for quite a few months now in regular service.
 #629673  by Terrapin Station

DutchRailnut wrote:
FL9AC wrote:Word has it that the 776 is not a Metro-North unit at all, but rather one of the new units for the Staten Island Railroad. Unit is labeled for Metro-North but that looks to be a mistake. As of now Metro-North hasn't purchased the BL20G unit. This also means that the 6 GP35R's, the GP8, the GP9, and the NYCTA 064 will be with us for a while longer :wink: .

TP may I recommend :
http://www.lenscrafters.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _Home_Page
Huh? As I clearly stated, all that was previously stated was that they *may* not be Metro-North units, which is hardly a definitive statement. So once again I ask where it was previously, definitively stated (such that the person should have known better), that they were not Metro-North units?
 #629862  by krug138

As of this morning, 776, 777, 778 and 779 are in Oak Island Yard. I got a picture of them there yesterday afternoon:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=1469109

Someone who viewed the picture commented that he had seen them up close and they are actually lettered for Staten Island Railroad with MTA stickers. So now that it is confirmed that they are SIR, I am wondering how they will get onto the Rapid Transit tracks. It's my understanding the old north shore line from Port Ivory to St. Georges is severed, so they will have to go via truck or barge I am guessing. I think I'd identify the most efficient route to be taking them across the Arthur Kill Lift Bridge via rail and then trucking them the few miles to St. Georges (or wherever). At least they wouldn't have to cross any highway bridges that way. Alternately, they could be put on the carfloat at Greenville and floated across the harbor. Does anyone have any insight into how the final leg of their journey will occur? Or why does the SIR need them?