Railroad Forums 

• Walmart slide processing

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#594849  by Don

If any readers get their slides processed thru Walmart/Dwaynes, be advised that prices have risen $2 per roll -- 24x now $5.88/36x now $6.88. Info came from a reliable source & was a result of Fuji & Dwaynes repricing. This is for E6 processing. At this time I'm not sure if it includes Kodachrome.
Don
 #594916  by railohio

Not all Wal-Mart stores send film to Dwayne's. Those in the southern Great Lakes go to a lab in Tennessee; they used to go to Mansfield, Ohio. Because the Tennessee lab is utterly incompetent and unrepentant I have switched to using Fuji mailers that go to Dwaynes.
 #595819  by MEC407

$6.88 is still a pretty good deal. With so many local labs dropping slide processing (or dropping film processing all together), Wal-Mart or mail-order may be the only choices for some people.

I haven't tried this mail-order lab yet, but it gets good reviews and the prices seem reasonable:

http://www.northcoastphoto.com/additional_services.html

If you're shooting Kodachrome, Dwayne's is, of course, the only choice.